How to install Android Emulator for iOS (iPhone/iPad) Without Jailbreaking: Android is one of the most popular mobile platforms worldwide. This OS boasts of tonnes of amazing apps, games, services and more. All these apps are available through Google Play Store as well as some third party stores. There are some Android apps that are not available on the iOS platform. You can get all of them on your iOS device with the help of Android emulator for iPad/iPhone.
iOS is a great platform and as a user, you must really love it. But, there are times when you may need to use an Android application. Buying a new phone only to use some apps does not make much sense. Not only does it cost you extra but it is a big hassle to keep two phones with you. So, If you have any Android emulator for iOS, the task become much simpler.
So, what are your choices? What if you could have the Android environment right within the iOS from where you could access all the Android apps? Yes! It is possible and you can do that with the help of Android Emulator for iOS. There are many emualtors like Dalvik emulator available in the market. But Dalvik emulator for iOS still in the development stage.
The Android emulator for iPhone lets you access all the Android apps from your iOS device. The emulator is just another app and does not affect the other functions of your iOS. What’s really awesome is the fact that you don’t need to jailbreak your device in order to get the Android emulator.
In this guide, we will tell you how to install the Android emulator on iOS without jailbreaking and without a PC.
Can I download iAndroid on my iOS device?
In order to use Android emulator, your device must have iOS 6 or later version. However, it is yet not available on iOS 10. Here is the list of the compatible iOS versions:
- iOS 6, iOS 7, iOS 8
- iOS 9: iOS 9.1, iOS 9.2, iOS 9.3, iOS 9.4, iOS 9.
Latest iOS devices running on iOS 10, iOS 10.3, iOS 10.2, iOS 10.1 also supports this device.
Following devices running on any iOS firmware mentioned above can install the Android emulator for iOS:
- iPod Touch
Note: Android Emulator is not compatible with the jailbroken iOS devices.
Install Android Emulator for iOS (iPhone/iPad) Without Jailbreaking:
In order to install Android emulator on your iOS device, you will need to install Cydia. If Cydia is not already installed on your device, you can look up for the installation procedure on the internet. Make sure that you install Cydia without the jailbreak. Android emulator cannot be installed on the jailbroken devices.
Once you have installed Cydia, follow these simple steps:
- Launch Cydia on your iOS device.
- Click the ‘Manage’ button at the bottom.
- Now you should be able to see three options: Packages, Sources, and Storage; tap ‘Sources’.
- Now you need to search for the source. You need to find http://apt.modmyi.com it is not already on Cydia, you can add it there to download Android emulator for iOS. The name of the app is iAndroid.
- Once you have found the source and the app name tap on iAndroid.
- A new screen will appear. Tap on the ‘Install’ button on the top right of the screen.
- Wait for a few seconds for the installation to start.
- It will take only a little while for the installation to complete.
- Return to the home screen by pressing the ‘Home’ button on your iOS device.
You will now be able to see the iAndroid emulator icon on the home screen. Tap the icon to start the emulator.
There is a chance that the app may not run and display an error message instead. In case you see the ‘Untrusted Enterprise Developer’ error, you will need to alter some Settings. Here is what you need to do:
- Enter the source URL given above properly.
- Make sure that you have installed Cydia properly.
Now you should be able to use the iAndroid app without any hassles. Experience the amazing world of Android right from your iOS screen. Isn’t it amazing?
Some Android apps are not available on the iOS platform. If you are an iOS user who needs to use certain Android apps regularly, it would be a good idea to install Android emulator for iOS (iPhone/iPad). It will give you access to the Android ecosystem from the iOS world. There is no need to buy another phone just to use some apps. Downloading and installing the Android emulator is easy and it works really well.