“You cannot install Cydia installer on your iOS device without jailbreaking it!” This is one of the biggest misconceptions among the iOS users. It is totally possible to install the Cydia on your iOS device and there is absolutely no need to jailbreak it. This is exactly what we will talk about in this guide.
Cydia installer for iOS is one of the best third-party stores for the iOS platform. It features a number of amazing apps that are not found in the official app store of Apple. Some of the apps featured in Cydia are extremely popular. This is the reason why the iOS users want to install Cydia.
There was a time when you could not get Cydia on your device without the jailbreak. But, jailbreaking isn’t always a good idea. It can cause certain security issues and may convert your phone into a brick too. Jailbreaking often results in warranty breach. If your phone is within warranty you cannot have it repaired for free at the Apple repair centre after jailbreak. Emus4u iOS app is an excellent Cydia alternative to get paid applications for free.
You can learn how to install Cydia on your iOS without jailbreaking in this guide.
Does Cydia installer support my Non-Jailbroken iPhone/iPad?
Cydia has been around for almost all the iOS editions for the longest time known. However, it had not been available for the latest iOS versions including iOS 9 and 10. There are some workarounds that allow you to install Cydia on iOS 9, but they may not necessarily be very stable. It is not yet available on the iOS 10 firmware.
You can try installing this app on the devices with iOS 9. But, it may or may not work. On the other devices with iOS 8 and earlier versions, it will work just fine. iApps4u iOS app store is a another excellent app store to get paid applications for free.
The devices that are compatible with Cydia are:
- iPod Touch
How to install Cydia installer for iOS (iPhone/iPad) Without Jailbreaking:
Installing this app on your iOS device is pretty simple and easy. You don’t need a computer for the steps we have outlined below. We understand that installing with the help of a computer could be very inconvenient. Here is what you need to do:
- First of all, you need to check your iOS version. Go to Settings > General > About
- Scroll down to the ‘Version’ section where you can see the current iOS version. If you do not have one of the compatible iOS versions, make sure you update your device first. Always take the backup before firmware update.
- Once you have confirmed you have the desired iOS version, launch the ‘SAFARI’ browser on your device to download Cydia installer on iPhone/iPad(remember no other browser will work for this installation process).
- Access the link tooliphone.net and allow the page to completely load on the browser.
- Scroll down to ‘Browse all themes’ and tap on it to download Cydia without jailbreak on iPhone/iPad
- Scroll down on the next page until you see the icon ‘Fake Jailbreak’ (by Silv) and tap on it;
- Let the page load completely and then scroll down to the option ‘Application icons’; tap on this option.
- Scroll down and select ‘Silver’s App Store’ icon.
- Now scroll down on the same page and tap ‘Install icons’.
- You will be redirected to the ‘Install Profile’ of the Settings; Press ‘Install’ on the top right.
- You will get a warning message ‘The profile is not signed’; again tap on ‘Install’ on the top right.
- A popup will slide up from the bottom of the screen; tap ‘Install’ again.
- Once the profile is installed, press ‘Done’.
- You will be redirected to Safari; you can press the home button and go back to the home screen where you will see the app icon.
- To download Cydia installer Without jailbreak on your iOS device, launch the app from the home screen now.
- After opening the app you can see several options. just click on Cydia alternatives. Click on Flekstore.
- It will prompt the safari browser to open flekstore.com. Now click on the install option on the website.
- A series of prompts appear on the screen. Now you can observe the install option on the top right corner of the screen. Simply click on install option . Again a confirmation prompt will appear on the screen. Simply click install option and wait for few seconds to finish the process.
- Now you can observe the flekstore app on your device menu. Open it. You can find several option on app’s home screen. Simply click on tweaks.
- Scroll down until you find Cydia app. Click on the app and install it like flekstore.
- After completion of installation, you can find the Cydia installer on your iOS device menu. Open the Cydia in
That is all you need to do in order to get this incredible third-party app store on your device.
These are the steps that you need to follow for all the iOS versions. If it does not work the first time, reboot your iOS device once and try again.
You don’t need to jailbreak your iOS device anymore in order to install Cydia installer iOS app. Installing this app store is easy and you can do it in a few minutes by following the steps mentioned above.